Thursday 3 January 2008

2008!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR PPL!!!!! Sorry for the late wish. Celebrated 2008 in India. India....no words to describe it.

My trip in India was 50% good 50% terrible. The thing I love about India was the historical places. We went to loads of places like the Bangalore Palace, the Amer Fort, the Red Fort, the
Qutub (something, forgot the name), and loads more. But the best among all was....the Taj Mahal. It was simply beautiful. The pictures are still in my dad's laptop. Will post it here when I've collected them. And oh yea, I also loved the hotels :P. But the thing I hated about India was the dust, the dirty and smelly toilets (wooh, beat Malaysia no time) and the driving (van and cab drivers). Terrible. Worse than terrible.

Where should I start? We landed in Bangalore, India at night. And my dad's friend was there to pick us up (He's got a flat in Bangalore which is where we were going to stay). Drivers in India are crazy. Seriously. On the way to the flat was like a live musical performance or something. Our cab driver was horn-
ing every now and then, and so are the drivers around. Sometimes they just horn for no reason. And there are no proper lanes. The drivers just change lanes whenever they like. Scary! And U-turns...gosh, so super scary. Can't even describe it. And oh yea by the way, our cab driver in Bangalore...was a 18 year old guy.

But...it is quite sad in India. I mean, there are either super duper rich people in India, or super duper poor people in India. There are no
mediocre people. And it's just sad especially when we were in the cabs or the vans, whenever we stop at the traffic lights, there'll be beggars knocking on our windows asking for money. Most of them...are young children. They either beg for money, sell things like newspapers, or do a performance for you. Once in Delhi, there was this girl, she knocked on our window and started dancing and doing tricks with her hands in the middle of the road. I mean, it was so dangerous. A motorcycle could have knocked her or something. And in historical places where we were sight seeing, there were beggars coming after you for money. Again, mostly small kids. It's just so sad. No kid should ever have this kind of childhood.

Then in Bangalore we went to this temple. Newly built. And it was huge, really really huge. And obviously costed alot of money. And it really got me thinking. The amount of money spent building that temple could have been used to help the poor. To keep those kids off the streets. To give them a better childhood. Of course, alot of people want their temple/mosque/churches to be really nice and beautiful and all. But, shouldn't God's people be put 1st before God's house? What do you think? Honestly I think the money should be used to help people, the poor and the sick, rather than to build a really big house of worship.

Anyway, India was a real eye opener for me. I mean it really got me thinking alot. Especially seeing those children. It wasn't a really good holiday, but it was a good experience, and a good eye opener.

Oh well, college's gonna start soon. 7th January. And honestly, I'm not ready to go back to college. It's gonna be a really hectic and stressful year. Trial's going to be around March and Finals is going to be around May. Gosh. I hope I won't push God aside and be so caught up with work. Sigh. I really need Him.

And oh yea, my AS results should be coming out soon. I'm just going to put my trust and faith in Him. Whatever happens, God, I'll still thank You and praise You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.