Wednesday 9 January 2008

On the 1st day of college....

It’s 11.14pm on Tuesday (8/1/2008). I can’t go online now because my brother is using the internet to watch Dragon Ball Z. Boys… LOL. So anyway, I just feel like blogging and writing down my thoughts even though I can’t post it now. Today’s the 1st day of college after a “LONG” holiday. (my brother has 3 months of holiday now that’s why he’s so free to watch Dragon Ball Z) It was pretty cool. I mean I saw my new timetable and it looked so awesome. There were times when I start at 9am and some times I finish at 1 or 2pm. But there is one day that I finish at 4pm, because of Chemistry lab.

Today, in class, I don’t know why but I suddenly felt so hyper. LOL. I was… yea, pretty noisy. Maybe it’s because I miss college? *shrugs*. Almost everyone came to college today with a new haircut. LOL. Some cut their hair short, some changed their hairstyle, it was pretty fun to see all different kinds of hairstyles. Mine was the worst. Don’t know why but today my hair was really frizzy. Maybe I didn’t put enough hair cream. XD

AS results are coming out on 20 something Jan!! :S. Was almost freaking out today. I mean I always felt like I could have done better in the exam and I always thought of the worst case senario : don’t get A for AS and no good university will take me. But every time I think of that I think of this : God has been so good to me. He has guided me in every aspect of life. He has taken care of my education, my future etc. What makes me think that He is going to pull me down this time? I know my God won’ leave me nor forsake me. I know that He has a bright future for me and I trust that He will continue to guide me whether in education or anything else, because He HAS always been guiding me anyway. So yea, I will not freak and put my faith in God :P.

Today I got a taste of what it was like to be in the same college as my cousin. Hehe yup. Melissa’s in taylors college …with me! Didn’t get to have lunch with her though because our lunch breaks were different. But she wasn’t alone so it’s cool. After college, my aunt fetched me and Melissa to Melissa’s house. I had to spend a few hours in my aunt’s house because my parents have gone to my father’s company dinner and my brother went out for dinner with his friends in mega mall.

Unfortunately, nobody asked me out to dinner tonight so I was supposed to be home alone. But my mom didn’t like the idea of me being home alone at night so she asked me to crash in my aunt’s house for a while. Hehe. Anyway, Miss Melissa was rushed to the ER a few minutes after we touched down at her house. Ok ok fine, it wasn’t that dramatic. But yea, Melissa came down with a terrible sore throat, high fever and a pounding headache so my aunt had to fetch her to the docs (nope sorry, not ER). And you know what? This wonderful cousin of mine brought a really small bottle of water to college, not even 500ml, because she said it’s heavy to bring water to college. =.=“ Hello??? Water ain’t fashion alright. LOL. Drink more water lar Melissa Foong! Put some sense into her. LOL. No wonder she fell ill.

Anyway, my parents came to fetch me at about 10.30 or something, and on the way home, I told my mom about my friend who got conditional offer from Cambridge. (I will not disclose her name here because…it’s private!! LOL) Congrats to that girl by the way, you know who you are ;). So yea I was telling my mom about the good news and also I found out that my aunt’s friend’s nephew (who also happens to be in taylors) also managed to get a conditional offer from Cambridge. Cool right? Congrats to you people yea!

And my mom was like saying, “why didn’t you apply for Cambridge.” And I said, “I know I’m not going to get any offer from Cambridge, why waste money to apply?” (It’s about 50 pounds I think) And she was saying, “you haven’t even try, how do you know you’re not going to get any offer?” And she started saying that I don’t want to fight for the best and I don’t want to try… things like that. But honestly, if you ask me, do I regret not applying for Cambridge (or Oxford)? I’ll say this : Definitely not. I don’t want to fight because I don’t want it in the first place. I wasn’t going to give my money to Cambridge or Oxford (no offence >.<). And I’m not very smart. Seriously I’m not. I’m pretty average and honestly, I’m happy to be that way. I mean I do feel happy for my friends who are really really smart, but I don’t envy them (or at least I don’t think I do). Because I’m happy for who I am. Average. And I couldn’t ask for more :) So there, all my thought written down. Or at least, typed. Haha. I’m going to go to bed now. Feeling pretty tired. Was sneezing a lot after sending Melissa to bed. Scared I’ll get her virus. LOL. So I’m drinking lots of water and eating oranges (vitamin C mah). Haha no offence, Melissa. Get well soon yea! And also to my other cousin, Richard. Get well soon, boy. I really miss the great times with ya. You know, when I was lonely in college (during the 1st few days last year) I just needed to call/sms Richard and he’ll keep me company. He is a really great person, and I’m happy and proud to be his cousin :P. So long, fair well, I wish to say goodnight……zzzzzz

No comments: