Saturday 3 November 2007

A mustard seed



A mustard seed is so small...



But with God's "watering", it can grow into...


a huge mustard tree

There was once during camp the speaker was talking about mustard seeds, and later during quiet time our group leader asked how many of us sometimes feel like mustard seeds. All of us raised our hands. And as I think about it, I found out the real reason why sometimes I do feel so small...like a mustard seed.

Sometimes when I'm filled with burdens, work, responsibilities, I'll say, "I'm so small. I'm not strong enough to carry these burdens." But then I finally realised that with God's strength, with His "water" and "fertilizer", I can grow...into a mustard tree. And truly all things are possible with God.

Some of you may feel the way I do. Or some of you may feel like a mustard seed because you feel small and worthless. But I tell you, every single person on this earth is God's child, and every single one of us are worth so much to Him. 1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! ..."

That is what we are...children of God. So very precious to Him.

So the next time you feel like a mustard seed, look to God...and think of the mustard tree.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I would just like to point out that mustard trees don't grow very big as u portray in your picture. Mustard trees are very small compared to other trees. God bless
if you wanna contact me: limbos3@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I would just like to point out that mustard trees don't grow very big as u portray in your picture. Mustard trees are very small compared to other trees. God bless
if you wanna contact me: limbos3@hotmail.com

JoJo said...

LOL oops I just saw this comment >< Haha really? I got the picture from yahoo actually so I don't know how big a mustard tree really is. Hahaha apologies. =) Fact is just that it grows =)) Haha thanks again! =D

Anonymous said...

what a killjoy... I love the parable about faith like a mustard seed Jojo.

Anonymous said...

Telling the truth doesn't make one a killjoy. Whether your joy is killed or not depends on how you receive truth :). I'd rather know truth than be happily deceived. Nice commentary, whether the tree is gigantic or not...as you say, it grows.

Shelle said...

I love what JoJo wrote. There is truth in both statments. A mustard "bush" is not that big but, with the power of God, your tiny mustard seed can grow into something that defies the natural.

Jesus said, "What shall we compare the kingdom of God? It is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and threw into his garden. And it grew and became a great tree, and the birds of the air lodged in its branches."

Anonymous said...

There is such thing as a mustard tree... and you are right- faith is like a mustard seed... keep listening to the Holy Ghost and let your faith grow.

one place you can see a mustard tree one that He might have been referring to is :
http://www.phytolith.net/projects_collaborations/nogap_archaeobotany/salvadora_persica.html#previous-photo

another you might like to see is: http://www.motherherbs.com/salvadora-persica.html

and still another is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Mustard_Seed