Sunday 31 August 2008

The beginning of a journey

I've seriously lost the mood to blog. Everytime I feel like sharing something, I come online but I feel so lazy to blog. LOL. I still haven't even taken the photos of my birthday party from my dad's laptop. But anyway, I had my birthday dinner in Xenri restaurant. Had great food :D. The end. Lol.

About another 4 weeks till I leave Malaysia. I'm so scared. I haven't been sleeping well the past 2 nights. Don't know if it's because I'm scared about going to London or something else. Started packing already. Hopefully my luggages won't be over weight. I hope they'll upgrade me to business class :D:D. Not only because of comfort, but also because business class allows 2 hand luggages. My mom wants me to bring my violin along, which is considered a hand luggage. I haven't been playing with my violin for a very very long time. I hope the strings are still fine. *Oops*.

I was reading the LSE Student Union guide last night. It made my excited. And scared! It's exciting to join the many different activities LSE's going to have. There's this event that really caught my eyes. It's called Reclaim The Night march, a women-only march against rape and male violence. I really want to go. It's going to be an eye-opening event. My mom was a little worried though when she heard about this march. But the book assures that it'll be a safe event.

There're also information about transport, night clubs, food, markets, etc. It's going to be a totally different environment for me. There'll be lots of debates and talks bout current issues, environmental issues, and issues like equality between men and women, etc. I just hope I won't be too timid to discuss about them. I hope I'm brave enough to speak my mind, no matter how dumb I might sound, no matter how shallow I might sound. I just hope and pray for the courage to speak. And hopefully learn lots from other people.

I've been really lazy this past couple of days. Don't know why. I need to start being alert, start reading all about economics. I can't be lazy anymore! I can't! *Slaps self*

It's the end of a journey, and yet a beginning to another journey. The path looks scary and uncertain, but I know for sure I won't be taking it alone.

I want to stop disappointing You. But everytime I try to pick myself up, I fall again. I need Your strength to pick me up and keep me from falling. I need Your strength to keep me from disappointing You. I want to start anew with You...I want to come back to You...

Can't be lazy! Can't keep disappointing Him! I need strength! I need the passion to work and not just speak!

LSE, you can't scare me! Lol. Being weird huh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne!! I didn't know you're leaving. T________T
Are you going to study there? For how long?