Monday 15 October 2007

What is PASSION?

What is passion? Love for something? Is that all?

Well, I once loved something. And I still love it actually. By the age of 3 I was certain I was going to “marry” this “something”. I was so certain this “something” was my future. Something I want to do for a living. Something I loved. My passion.

For about 13 years my life revolved around this thing. It was not only a part of my life; it was a part of my family’s life. Especially my mom and dad.

Passion? I always thought I had passion for this thing. Why? Just because I love it? Well, love alone is not enough to explain what passion really means.

Want to know what passion really means? Let me tell you what I think. I think passion is something that you feel so strongly about, no words could explain this feeling you have for it. Passion is something so strong that nothing can ever take it away from you. Passion for something means you are ready to FIGHT for it. No matter how many obstacles come in your way, you are willing to go through them all, never giving up to reach for your passion.

Passion …is not what I have for this “thing”. Because I was not willing to fight for it. I was not willing to go through the tough times, the pressure, the stress, the discouragement…

Yes, I love this thing. No, I do not have the passion for it.

Many people were shocked when they found out I let it go. Some thought I was crazy. Do I regret letting it go? Honestly, I don’t know. Sometimes I felt I should have fought for it. Sometimes I felt I made the right choice, that this thing is not something meant for me.

Some said that it was a waste for me to let it go. Do I think so? Honestly, no. I did not totally shut this thing out of my life. It’s just that it’s a smaller part of my life now than it was before. I don’t feel like it‘s a waste for me to let it go, but I know a lot of people feel that it is. Including my parents. And I feel pretty guilty. Because this thing was a part of their life too. I’ve really let them down. And I’m sorry, I really am.

Do you have a passion for something? It may be a career; like being a doctor. Or it may be something you love to do. Like dancing, singing, drawing, or painting. Take some time to think about it. Is it really your passion? If you made up your mind that it is, here’s my advice.

Don’t let it go. Hold on to it. Fight for it. No matter what you go through. Don’t be afraid to show people your passion. Your everything. Don’t make the same mistake I did. If it is not your passion, don’t waste so much time on it. Don’t waste other people’s time on it.

Otherwise, hold on and fight for your passion.

4 comments:

Xander Tjen said...

joanna....makes me....laugh...
ahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahha

JoJo said...

=.= rite.....i'm glad i managed to entertain u...haha..

alexander makes me.....er...er?hahaha

Missmalaysia'76 said...

Joan if you have given up, its not a passion in the first place. People keep their passion burning inside and never give it up.It will somehow emerge in your lifetime.That passion may motivate oneself to achieved something else with greater passion. Passion is your personal burning desire and it should not be someone elses passion pushed on you to achieve for them.You have yet to find your passion and when you do,no one can stop it. You willsoar like an Eagle. Love

JoJo said...

hi q meh! yea, that's what I said in my blog, that it's not my passion cuz I gave it up. But oh well, I guess I'll find my passion one day. Thanks for the encouragment. :)

Take care q meh. Love you lots too!!